Course Request Manager - awesome plugin for further development

Course Request Manager - awesome plugin for further development

by Nils Promer -
Number of replies: 2

Hello together!

I've discovered an awesome plugin on GitHub that could have great community but is underserved. Who can think of a way to kick it up a notch?

Background:

During our research for a convincing, pragmatic and efficient solution to better organize course requests than the Moodle Core feature allows, we came across a plugin that actually meets almost all our requirements: 

https://moodle.org/plugins/block_cmanager

As you can guess from the documentation, it doesn't seem to be very widely used (yet). Moreover, there is unfortunately no plugin version for moodle 4.x yet that we could test. BUT I am convinced that the features could be interesting for many institutions, but at the same time I suspect that the development speed and the fact that apparently only one developer is responsible for the plugin creates inhibitions.

Are there people among the developers who share my assessment and could imagine actively promoting its further development?

Unfortunately, I am not a developer and have too few coding skills, so I will not participate in the DevCamp, but in the BarCamp. There I will be available for exchange and also before and after the Moodle Moot I would like to support as a tester or in the conception of further features for the plugin.

In reply to Nils Promer

Re: Course Request Manager - awesome plugin for further development

by Melanie Treitinger -

Hi Nils,

I am definitly in for this - it's on my list for quite a while, but I havn't found time to work on it yet.

I am a developer and I would be very happy to have someone to discuss features with and who can do testing. big grin

In reply to Melanie Treitinger

Re: Course Request Manager - awesome plugin for further development

by Nils Promer -
Hi Melanie,
that's great to hear. Are you already going to address this topic at DevCamp? And if so, wouldn't it be exciting for other developers to join in?
I would be happy if we could talk about your plans and possible further ideas around the PlugIn at the BarCamp (maybe we can talk about a possible meeting in advance or during the Moodle Moot simply by mail?).