MooPanel - managing multiple Moodle instances with ease

MooPanel - managing multiple Moodle instances with ease

di Marko Papić -
Numero di risposte: 6

Hello everyone. 

At the University of Ljubljana (UL) we recently created an application for managing multiple Moodle installations in one place. We call it MooPanel. 

We have 20+ university members and each of them have their own Moodle installation. There was a lot of manual work on each instance in the past and we wanted to make those operations easier to manage. 

Now we have a tool that connects to all the instances and we can run certain operations on them. We’ve built a Moodle plugin that exposes an API and also created a Laravel application which is communicating with Moodle. 

Currently we implemented plugin update, course backups, user management and delta reports (using the administration presets). 

We would be happy to show the application, receive feedback and discuss potential new features and of course talk to those who would be interested to use MooPanel in their organisation as well.

Any comments, suggestions, ideas, questions?

Cheers,

Marko, Matevž and Digital University Center team at the UL

Univerza v Ljubljani

UNIVERZA V LJUBLJANI
University of Ljubljana

In riposta a Marko Papić

Re: MooPanel - managing multiple Moodle instances with ease

di Niels Gandraß -
Hello Marko, I'd be very interested to hear more about your solution! Is it publicly available (e.g., GitHub)? Regardless of its public availability, I'd like to see this discussed at the upcoming Moodle Moot in any way sorridente Kind regards Niels
In riposta a Marko Papić

di Thorsten Siegmund Bartel -
Hello Marko,

I can only second Niels' sentiment. I'd love to see a source and am looking forward to seeing a demonstration / presentation of the application.

At Ruhr-University Bochum, we're managing multiple instances as well. Some for ourselves, some for universities we are cooperating with. We'd happily bring our own experiences and solutions to the discussion.
We're currently working with a mix of GitLab CI/CD, gitlab-runner and plugins and are in the progress of adding some scripts to the mix to ease certain things up even more.

Looking forward to meeting you in Vienna

Cheers
Thorsten
In riposta a Marko Papić

di Christopher Reimann -
Hello Marko,

sounds awesome! Would be interested to know how well this could scale up to say a couple of thousand instances.
I am looking forward to your presentation.

Best regards,
Christopher Reimann
eLeDia
In riposta a Marko Papić

di Bostjan Kovac -
I'm also working on this project with Marko and the others and can say, that we're very happy with the feedback so far.

Source is currently not public. We're beta testing it now. We're planning to start using it until the event and then we'll decide how we want to move forward. Anyway, we'll be happy to show it and also hear about different ideas.