Improving the AI text to questions generator

Improving the AI text to questions generator

by Heikki Wilenius -
Number of replies: 1

So I'd be interested in having a session about improving either the AI text to questions generator (https://moodle.org/plugins/local_aiquestions), or a more general one, about improving Moodle plugins that utilize LLM APIs.

Some quick thoughts and background information:

• The plugin is maintained by Yedidia Klein and Ruthy Salomon, but I have a fork that supports both the Azure API and OpenAI API: https://github.com/yedidiaklein/moodle-local_aiquestions/compare/main...wilenius:moodle-local_aiquestions:main
  • The plugin was improved previously at the DevJam of MoodleMoot Global 2023

Some of the things I'd like to work on:

• Start converting the plugin to support the new Moodle AI subsystem (unfortunately, I haven't had the time to look at that yet... hopefully before next Tuesday!)
  • Add support for additional question types (SBA questions only at the moment)
  • Convert the plugin into a question bank plugin (it's a local plugin at the moment, apparently because of a bug in the question bank that has been since fixed)
  • Add support for "remixing" existing questions. This kind of works with the current version, but is a bit hacky. Some examples of features that I'd like to have
    • Make a question bi- or trilingual
    • Change the wording of a question
    • Create variations of a question
    • Add feedback to (wrong) answer alternatives

Please let me know if this interests you!

Disclaimer: I'm attending the DevJam not only as a Moodle enthusiast and developer, but also as an anthropologist, who is studying how the use of LLMs is changing software development. If you're interested in this topic, I'd love to have a chat with you! Please tug my sleeve at the DevJam or send me a message. =)

In reply to Heikki Wilenius

Re: Improving the AI text to questions generator

by Marcus Green -
As someone interested in Moodle Quiz and AI I give this my vote. My suggestion for a session on AI Assistants for Moodle dev would fit into your anthropological angle.