Is German Language ability essential at Moodle Dach?

Is German Language ability essential at Moodle Dach?

by Marcus Green -
Number of replies: 3

Despite the efforts of the UK education system my knowledge of German is very, very limited. How much of a disadvantage will that be at MoodleDach?

I know other non German speakers who have attended in the past and it has not been a problem, but just asking for reassurance.

In reply to Marcus Green

Re: Is German Language ability essential at Moodle Dach?

by Thomas Korner -

Hi Markus

the general answer is yea, no issue!

more detail: In the devcamp you will work mainly with your project partners. I assume there will be english only teams. 

The agenda of the BarCamp will generate itself on Thursday. So you will have a direct influence on how many sessions will be in english ?. 

I assume it will be easy to create a personal session plan containing  only english sessions. 

Opening and closing will be bilingual. 

And last but not least, it would be an honour to have you with us and I know at least two guys who would like to shake your hands to thank you for the gapfil qt ?. 

See you in Zurich!

Thomas

In reply to Thomas Korner

by Marcus Green -
Big smiles here Thomas
I have been attempting to learn Spanish through Duolingo, for a long time (and to see if there are any quiz ideas to inspire me). I think I might switch to German for a while.
In reply to Marcus Green

by Marcus Green -

I have been combining my interest in EdTec/Quizzing with preparation for MoodleDach

It is interesting to note how some incorrect answers are not connected to knowledge of the subject being studies, as illustrated by this real response I just gave.